How To Create The Transparent Text Effect In Photoshop CC
Today I'm going to show you how to create the transparent text effect over an image like this one below.
Watch this quick video to learn how I created the image above.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open Adobe Photoshop CC. Click File and then New.
- The new document screen will open, giving you the option to choose an existing template or customize your own.
- Once you choose your document size import the photo you'd like to show through your transparent text by going to File then Import.
- Before you resize your image, convert it to a smart object, so when you resize it, the image quality won't diminish.
- Highlight and right-click the image layer then choose Convert to Smart Object. Proceed to resize.
- Next, type your future transparent text on the image.
- Create the shape that the text will live in. Make sure all text is inside your shape of choice.
- Highlight the text layer then hold down the command key (Control on PC) and click the T on the text layer.
- The text on your shape should be selected at this point
- Highlight your shape layer and go to Layer, then Layer Mask, then Hide Selection.
- Hide the text layer, because you don't need it anymore.
- To adjust the size of your text and shape, highlight both layers. Hold down command and T to access the transform tool. Resize by holding down shift and option while adjusting the size.
- You have the option to reveal more of the image by adjusting the opacity of the shape layer.
- When your masterpiece is complete, it's time to export.
- Go to file, export, then quick export as jpg.
Congrats! You just created your first transparent effect image in Photoshop CC.